Monday, April 7, 2008

What a weekend




Brian had to work this weekend and I had my race in Charleston so Hailey spent the weekend at Mimi and Popi's house. They said as soon as she got there she was so excited to see all her toys and especially her rocking horse (I guess it is a unicorn but anyway). She it finally big enough to get on it and rock all by herself, she had a blast. She also had fun playing with my old Little People farm toys. We had packed her baby and baby stroller because she likes to take her on a stroll around the house every morning.



Little did I know that my mom would be cruel enough to put one of my frilly hats on her (she used to make me wear bonnets and I hated them). Next time I go to visit I am going to steal all those silly hats that my mom has kept from my childhood. I don't want to subject Hailey to that kind of torture. (just kidding mom)




All in all I think everyone had a great time. Mom said Hailey was so cute in the car that she had to pull over to take pictures. Unfortunately they had nasty weather so they didn't get to do a lot of the things they wanted to do but there is always next time.



I think we are in this picture somewhere. (ha ha)





Ok, so now about the race. I was very nervous because as you all know I am not a runner. The only reason I signed up for this was to go on the girls weekend and everyone else was doing it. When I woke up on Saturday I still was silently hoping that they would all back out. We parked the car and started walking towards where we were supposed to start. There were thousands of people there and it was very overwhelming. But there was a little excitement to it all and I started getting anxious. I had worked my way up to running a little over 2 miles so I was planning on running that and mainly walking the rest of the race, I knew there was no way I could do the whole 6.2 miles.

Well, as we finally reached the start line and we were off. I started running and I was actually passing people and all of a sudden I started getting competitive (which is not like me at all). Anyway, to make a long story short I pretty much ran the whole race. I walked up most of the incline of the bridge and for a little but during the 4th mile but other than that I kept running. I was thinking it would take me almost 2 hours to finish the race but I actually finished it in 1 hour and 11 minutes. I was so pumped and excited I could of done cartwheels if I knew how to. We had a great weekend and I am actually looking forward to dong some 5k's around Charlotte. There were about 35 thousand people in the race and I placed 16,886.

Now we are doing laundry and repacking and heading to the beach tomorrow.

0 comments: