Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Patience



I think the look in this picture says it all. Hailey has been testing me lately and has been hitting, we even had to try time out yesterday. This is the first I have really ever had to discipline her and I am not sure what to do or what is going to work. Yesterday was a very trying day, I tried putting her in a corner for a minute or two and tried to explain what was going on and why. I don't think this worked very well, but there really isn't any place I can keep her confined or a minute to let her know she was bad. I would love to know what other people have tired and how long this stage lasts. I have been praying for the patience to get through this but at times it is very hard. To top things off she also has a very runny nose and I can't take her anywhere so we are stuck in the house all day. I would really appreciate any advice you can give and your prayers to help me through this tough time and all the ones to come.

1 comments:

4torock said...

Welcome to the toddler years ( yes years....LOL) Cash is VERY stubbern when it comes to time out and I have to sit with him usually or at least stay near by while he "sits" cries, wails, screams in time out but I think the piont they WILL eventually get is that is NOT gonna fly in this household ( hitting or whatever the not good behavior is....) and while I know it is exausting you are a wonderful mommy and EVERYBODY on the planet has a runny nose child right now take herr out/ go see santa ( even seeing him from a distance if she is scared like Cash is he just loves the lights and looking at all the people) or go up to starbukies- I'll go with ya anytime :) - and bring nose wipeys what else is a mom to do??, right!? Love ya and praying for you and all the lovely growing pains of mommyhood :)
Kate