Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Future Artist? Maybe Not.










To finish off the playroom we thought it would be fun to have Hailey finger paint and frame her art work. It all started out fine, she wasn't quite sure what to do until I got her started. After putting her finger in the paint and rubbing it on the paper she got the hang of it. She was doing really well and even asking for the other colors and mixing them together, but she would only use her finger. She finished the first paper all by herself (we had 4 to do) and by the end her hands were covered in paint. When I tried to move on to the next page and she realized she had to do more and that her hands were dirty she flipped out. So with a little help from mom we finally got all 4 pages done. I had to keep wiping her hands through out the process because she did not like the paint all over them. It turned out to be easy for me because there was no mess to clean up afterwards (lol).
The funniest part of the day was when we were all done and I was laying out the papers to dry Hailey went and got her vacuum cleaner and started vacuuming the kitchen. So I guess a career in painting is out but she might just have her own cleaning business one day. We got all the pictures framed and hung on the wall before daddy got home and surprised him with a finally finished room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, that's such a cute idea! I love framing their artwork. Maybe we need to have a finger painting day! I have a feeling my kids would make more of a mess, though. But I guess I could get Hailey to come vacuum for me afterwards! The playroom looks so cute. I can't wait to see it in person. We will come to town again soon, I'm sure. See you in a few days!! :)

Emma Joersz said...

They turned out great! I think we need to do some finger painting this week!

4torock said...

I love it!! Cash would have my WHOLE house painted..... maybe Hailey can come over and show him how to be neat AND clean up!! :) See ya soon!
Kate